All businesses have a legal obligation to ensure that their employees are protected from harm in the workplace. This online Health and Safety course helps you to fulfil legal requirements for providing workplace training; it also promotes staff awareness that can lead to greater efficiency, lower insurance costs and a reduction in lost time.
Organisations will experience a number of benefits from providing a safe and healthy workplace; as mentioned above in 2008/9 29.3 million days were lost overall due to work related health and safety issues. To help reduce these numbers, our course has been tailored to address your legal workplace training requirements, as well as key risk assessment areas.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Risk Assessment
- Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting
- Communication and Environment
- Hazards and Controls: Fire and Electricity
- Hazards and Controls: COSHH and PPE
- Hazards and Controls: Manual Handling & DSE
Upon successfully completing this e-learning course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the key principles of workplace health and safety
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment to Health and Safety and how it is undertaken
- Outline accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Communicate health and safety information clearly
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 3 - 4 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is targeted primarily at businesses or individuals who are self-employed; however, it will also be of use to anyone who would like to increase their awareness of health and safety in the workplace.